Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day Fun


Last night as we were folding clothes and watching the NBA slam-dunk contest I joked about posting about our "romantic Valentines Day". In truth though, it was so nice just spending time together (all children were in bed and asleep). And to be fair, we actually had our date earlier in the day :) Thanks to my cousin Megan and sis-in-law Hannah Seth and I were able to go on a nice date just the two of us all by our lonesome for the first time in a while. Our kiddos require two helpers if we ever want to be gone longer than an hour, so it was nice being able to enjoy our time together without being stressed about getting back. We went to a nice Thai restaurant and had yummy food, and then picked out a new shirt for me. Seth requested an iTunes gift card...I like being able to fulfill requests so that is what he got.
Since we were home for dinner we made it special for the boys by having heart shaped scones. It was fun and everyone liked it so I imagine we"ll probably do it again.

2 comments:

Amber Jackson said...

I'm glad you got to have some time together.

Julie said...

I am glad you had a great Valentine's Day. I have to say I laughed out loud when I read the kids comments on your blog. So funny!