Thursday, February 12, 2009

What we're up to






So I keep thinking of great posts and then I think "it would be so much better with those pictures" and then I don't take the time to download the pictures and then I don't ever write. So, things that have been happening that I'm going to write about and then add pictures:

Arizona: Zach and I went to Arizona for the last weekend in January. I had a cousin getting married and another cousin that said "you should go with me". So I did. Can I just say that after that weekend of 70 degree weather I wouldn't mind becoming a snowbird in my old age :) It was a flying short trip, but a nice break from the day to day norm. I had to hold Zach practically the whole time so I came back with an awful neck/back ache (the little guy ain't so little). But it was fun to see cacti, gravel and citrus trees again. I lived in Tempe, AZ when I was 7-10 years old. It would have been fun to go back to my old house and ward, but there wasn't time. Oh well. Maybe Seth and I can go there for a get-away sometime... maybe.

Max's birthday: Maxwell Seth Johnson is now 6 years old as of February 9. He had a happy day complete with dinner at IHOP (we've decided we need to teach our boys restaurant/public manners so for this year they get to chose a restaurant to go to for b-day dinner) and a Lego cake. He's really into Lego's right now so Seth suggested it and Max quickly agreed. I must say it is probably one of the easiest cakes I've made.

Sleep (or lack there-of). Zach has gotten progressively better at going to bed at night without being asleep first. From crying for 1 hour the first night, he now (if tired) will lay down and go to sleep without crying at all! Hurray! Now we just need to work on the waking up every two hours. Luckily, unlike last night, Micah usually sleeps through the night. Last night Zach woke up for the 2 or third time at 3:00, Micah woke up before he was done eating. Micah was still awake when Zach woke up half an hour later, and so for the next 2 hours I sat in my bed holding Zach in my arms (who woke up every time I tried to lay him down) and Micah across my lap, jouncing him with my legs... poor Scotty got the brunt of my grumpiness this morning. One of these days I'm going to get more than 2 hours of sleep at a time, and then, watch out world :)

1 comment:

nateandrebecca said...

A Lego cake? That sounds like fun. And I love the new quotes you have on the side bar. Hope that you can get more uninterrupted sleep...that doesn't sound fun...