Tuesday, March 8, 2011

More Things Micah

We had his annual meeting with all of his teachers and therapists, they had nothing but good things to say, and were very pleased with the progress he is making. Two particularly exciting things is that he is starting to hold his sippy cup all by himself which means he is starting to self feed!

The second thing is that Micah is now in a Gate Trainer for 5 min. a day. This is wonderful news- a gate trainer is like a walker (think old person walker, not baby walker), with him secured around the torso, but he is supporting his own weight completely by himself! The point? Micah is one more step along the path to walking!

A friend asked me today what are some things that make me happy. The very first thing that came to mind is Micah's giggle. The following is a picturally awkward recording of Micah laughing, but it's so fun I had to share. (He is laying on my lap, I am saying and drop, which for some reason he found hilarious).

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Awesome to hear such great news on his progress! I love that belly giggle!

Fonzareli said...

WAY TO GO MICHA!!! That giggle brought tears to my eyes!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, how I miss that laugh! Thanks for sharing, I may stop in here every day. : ) It's so exciting that he is starting to feed himself! Wow. And the walker sounds great.