Tuesday, December 16, 2008

grateful for technology

LEt me just say I am so grateful to be living in the day and age. My children were so nice they shared their case of Pink eye with me... As a result of that I have been unable to wear my contacts. Instead I have made by with my glasses... glasses I got two perscriptions ago. I have been able to see about the distance of my head to my toes, which since I am not exceptionally tall isn't very far. Beyond that I can see general shapes and outlines are all blurry. s I am am typing this I can't see the individual letters and rely on the red spell check to tell me if I've misspelled anything. I have been all morning without my glasses because I am getting the lenses changed on them. I cannot go 7 plus days without being able to see. Seth has had to drive the kids to school because nobody wants me on the road right now. It has been interesting to go through my morning with nothing in focus. Anyway, this is just a long explanation to say that I am grateful for contacts, for glasses, and for keyboards that let me communicate even though I can't see what I'm doing. I'm also grateful for the ability to see!

have a great "insightful" day!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I am definitely grateful for contacts! It would hard to be much of an artist if I couldn't even see anything clearly...